Here are some of our favorite pizza trivia…
- Pepperoni is American’s favorite topping, with over 36 percent of all orders featuring this meat topping.
- Although there is no exact record of the first time pepperoni was used on a pizza, it became popular between 1930 and 1950.
- About 252 million pounds of pepperoni are consumed on pizzas each year.
- When asked to choose from a list of common pizza toppings, anchovies are always ranked last as people’s favorites.
- Manufacturers’ sales of pizza is almost $32 billion each year.
- The U.S. per capita consumption of mozzarella cheese is almost 11 pounds.
- Meat is found on about 62 percent of all pizzas consumed.